Are you Taronga Ventures new Investment Associate?
Taronga Ventures is an investment house focused on innovation in the real estate sector and broader built environment (RealTech). Through the RealTech Ventures Fund, we invest in emerging innovation, technology and business models that impact the portfolios and businesses of large-scale real estate institutional partners. We secure strategic equity positions and assist high-growth businesses through operational and strategic guidance opening up significant market opportunities through our extensive networks in across Asia, US, Europe and the Middle East.
In addition to the RealTech Ventures Fund, Taronga Ventures provides strategic advisory to real estate institutions helping to shape innovation strategy, governance and operating models as well as providing implementation support of new technologies throughout their portfolios. Additionally, Taronga delivers an innovation growth program, through RealTechX, that supports growth businesses with strategic capital, market access and growth expertise.
Investment Associate Role
Taronga Ventures is currently looking for an associate to join its team. The role will involve financial analysis, operations, commercial management as well as strategy and implementation advisory. Examples of likely duties include:
- Executing transaction assignments while demonstrating the ability to take on transaction leadership responsibilities in the near- to medium-term
- Managing end-to-end due diligence activities, including commercial, financial and legal DD utilising our vendors and diligence partners where required
- Supporting strategic advisory capability executing on mandates ranging from innovation strategy development, operating model and governance structures and implementation support
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with existing and prospective clients
- Assisting with overall operations, reporting and governance of the business and portfolio companies
What we are looking for
The likely candidate will have minimum of 3 years’ experience at a top-tier investment bank, management consultancy (MBB or equivalent), the transaction services team at a Big 4 firm or VC/PE/ other investment roles. Other skills they are likely to have include:
- Strong communication skills, including written and spoken communication and the ability to create and present client facing documents
- Advanced understanding of corporate and investment finance concepts, and the ability to build and refine financial models
- Experience with strategy consulting frameworks and the ability to clearly articulate ideas and explain complex information concisely
- Ability to juggle and prioritise across multiple competing concerns
- Commercial acumen, a strong work ethic and goal orientation, and an ability to roll your sleeves up
- Some travel required (primarily Asia based)
Benefits of working with us
For high-calibre candidates you will have the opportunity to join a fast growing investment fund and innovation ecosystem with a mission to transform the built environment. You will be working in a small team directly with the investment team (ex top-tier banking, consulting, law and real estate) with un-paralleled levels of exposure and opportunity. Furthermore, we are committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional development goals through continuous learning and managing work-life balance.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Investment Associate” and any additional supporting information.
Thanks for your interest in the role and we look forward to hearing from you.
Taronga Ventures Team.